There are a number of foreign currency exchanges and other places where there’s a “storefront” and an actual teller or other person where you can just walk up and do a bitcoin buy and/or sell. But I don’t think there’s ever been a list of them compiled. So that’s what I’ld like to do here. If you know of a location please comment with the name or some details.
Physical stores and Trading Spaces
- BitKonan’s Bitcoin Store Split and Zagreb, Croatia
- House of Nakamoto Vienna, Austria
- IBEX / BuyBitcoin.London London, U.K.
- Crypto Plug Inglewood, CA [Trading Space]
There are other categories of physical locations where you can buy and/or sell bitcoin, but are not considered “Physical Stores”, which include:
- Vouchers (retail) (e.g., Azte.co (💵), FastBitcoins (💵), LibertyX (💵), and Rise Wallet (💵))
- Vending (e.g., Bitcoin ATMs (💵), Coinstar (💵) (with 2,100+ locations in the U.S.) and SBB/Swiss Railway ticketing)
And there are also over-the counter (OTC) traders, who may or may not have a fixed location, but are not considered to be “physical stores”:
- Person-to-person (P2P) Trading Exchanges
- OTC Trading Desks (e.g., Cumberland, SigOne Capital, and several dozen others)
Please share your additions, corrections, or comments.